[filmscanners] Re: I hardly dare mention Hard Drives

I just realized there is another potential problem here.  DOS, WIN 3.1
and the first editions of WIN 95 use a method of storage which is made
up of smaller units called FAT 16.  After that, you had a choice of FAT
16 or FAT 32.  If you formatted the partition as only FAT 16, it will
only have access to 2.1 GIGS per partition.  You could format many 2.1
GIG partitions with FAT 16.  The limit is per partition.

If you have formatted in FAT 16, you will need to change it to FAT 32
for the whole drive to be visible.  Be sure you move anything on that
drive because a reformat - with most formatting software it will be
wiped off the drive.

If you still run into a wall, like 2.1 gig, then it could be a BIOS
problem.  There is another potential BIOS problem at 32 gigs.  If your
system hangs or freezes before it gets to the hard drive or floppy
during bootup, you may need to contact your motherboard manufacturer or
find another type of patch to get over the incompatibility with your BIOS.

Also, what version of Photoshop are you using.  Earlier versions also
had limits of how large a scratch disk they could make use of per drive
or partition.  I think this was altered in Photoshop 5.0.

Art