[filmscanners] scanner for neg strips

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] scanner for neg strips
  • From: "Tomek Zakrzewski" <tomzakrz@ka.onet.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:52:46 +0100

I'm looking for a scanner able to scan whole rolls of negatives film. I want
the machine to give me scans good enough for a digital contact sheet
(PhotoIndex on screen), for web publications and occasional inkjet prints
within 6x8". It's important for me to get good results from negatives with
minimum of fiddling (VueScan compatibility?).
I heard about the Pacific Image 1800 and the new Microtek Filmscan 1800 and
3600 but don't know how they perform (any other competitors?).
Of course it should be as cheap as possible, as my high quality scanner I'm
going to buy the Minolta Multi Pro.
I also thought about the Nikon LS4000 + strip film adapter but this is a
very expensive alternative, too close in price to the MF minolta.

Regards

Tomek Zakrzewski