[filmscanners] Announcement: Coolscan2 backend for SANE

Hi,

I am new to this list, simply because I only recently found out about
it. I would like to announce that (beta) version 0.1.2 of the (rather
new) Coolscan2 backend for SANE has just been released. Coolscan2 can
be found at

  http://coolscan2.sourceforge.net/

This is a backend that plugs into SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy),
which is the de-facto standard scanning software for UNIX platforms
(including Linux). Support has been tested for the LS-30 and LS-40 ED,
but it should also work with the LS-4000 ED and LS-8000 ED. The
LS-2000 should be easy to add, too.

If you have a Coolscan scanner and would like to use it under anything
else than Mac and Window$, I would appreciate any feedback of how the
backend works for you.

  Andras