[filmscanners] RE: Scanning chromogenic

Martin, Tony,

I've read many times (and seen with my own eyes on my Canon FS4000) that the
green channel is the one with least noise and best detail (therefore my
workflow for B&W, including chromogenic, is to pick the green channel from
Vuescan raw files). I understand that keeping also R and B channels should
somehow "average out" grain, but I'm also sure this will increase noise
(especially from the blue channel) so much that I doubt it will give better
scans. Anyway, I'll give this a try and see what happens...

Alessandro Pardi