[filmscanners] Vuescan Negative Profiles

I know Ed has much to do while the dust settles on the new Vuescan, but I was
wondering if others agreed with my last outstanding major wish, namely
new/accessible negative profiles.

I know Ed has based Vuescan on the PhotoCD specs, but my guess is that the film
profiles are 'just' a black and white point setting, and then gammas for the
RGB channels...?  (At least thats what Mirafoto has, on my Acer.)

If that is correct, then giving us access to an INI file (perhaps just for
additional film types so we can't muck up the base set?) would seem to me to be
a great idea, from 2 viewpoints:

1. We could share settings and help Ed build up a much more comprehensive list

2. We could set up alternative profiles where film types just aren't quite
right, or where scanners vary from the one Ed used for profiling (eg I hear
folks complaining about their scanners giving very cyan or magenta results..)

Any other thoughts?  Are the profiles that simple?

mt