[filmscanners] RE: Nikon 4000ED

>> Same here.  I wonder how folks scan in batches, though.  I
>> find I have to manually adjust the crop size in VueScan for
>> each and every frame (auto crop never seems to get it
>> right).  Or do you just set the crop area much larger
>> knowing that you'll cover the image in every case and then
>> crop later in Photoshop?

I've been whinging to Ed about this problem (the fact that VS can't
correctly determine the frame offset automatically on the Nikon) for
ages. It's on his newly-publicised 'To do' list, so I'm looking forward
to that release. :-D

I'm in the nice position of having lent my scanner to my father before
Christmas. I'll be picking it up at the start of Feb, meaning that by
then all the latest revisions to VS will have 'settled down', meaning
I'll just get the massive benefit of all these updates, without the
'leading edge' issues that some people have been having.

I'm well impressed with Ed's development rate. Having developed
freeware/shareware myself[1] and attempted to respond as quickly as he
does to my users' request, I know how much hard work it is to
consistently update the functionality whilst (on the whole) maintaining
stability in the intervening releases...

Mark

[1] http://www.webreaper.net