[filmscanners] OT : Any pro's using Canon S800?

I apologise for this off-topic post but curiosity is killing me, and I
don't really want to join a printer list for one question. :-)
Offlist replies welcome.

Has anyone *seriously* put the new 6-colour Canon's to the test?
(Tony - did you get one, or are you still cursing at your Epson? :)

There has been a lot of hype about the Canon S800 series, and whether they
would suffer from the problems of Epson printers (ie slightly wacky color
balance, metamerism, orange fade, single colour cart..), or whether they
would just introduce a new set.

All of my web-searching on the new Canons has not turned up what I would
call a thorough review from a 'real' photographer.  F'rinstance, the
Imaging-resource people say things like "it produced absolutely beautiful
prints in our testing, far surpassing our expectations for high-end inkjet
technology" but when you look at the comparison samples on this page:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRINT/E1280/E1280A7.HTM
the Canon is grainy, shows banding, and seems to be clearly surpassed by
the Epson.  I have seen this same banding problem on *every* test print I
have seen from the Canon, along with some rather horrid orange-yellow casts
in skintones.  Sadly I have never been able to play with one, though..

Anyway, I still like my 1270..

mark t