[filmscanners] Re: SS4000

I own the 4000 ED and owned the SS4000.

It was a mistake.  The Polaroid is a better scanner.  The only advantage of
the Nikon is ICE.  Dust isn't as big a problem on the Polaroid.  The edge
softness IS there.

Keep the Polaroid.

Tom

Funny you should mention it. I am considering whether to return my scanner
purchased two weeks ago to CDW and upgrade to a scanner with an IR channel.
I have over 500 slides that were made between 1964 and 1970. They are not in
very good condition at all. Paid $769 at CDW and have not yet sent in
rebate. The Nikon supercoolscan 4000 ED is what I have in mind. Those edge
softness reports bug me though.