[filmscanners] RE: Minolta Multi Pro

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Minolta Multi Pro
  • From: "Wilson, Paul" <PWilson@gomez.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:57:40 -0500

I have the Scan Multi Pro and I like it a lot.  I had both the LS8000 and
the SS120.  I returned the LS8000 due to problems and bugs (banding,
software instability, etc.).  I returned the SS120 because I decided I
really wanted ICE.

The Multi Pro produces great scans (seemingly better with Vuescan though I
haven't had enough time to play with it), the holders work very well and
scan times are decent using the software as a Photoshop plugin.  I also like
the fact that it's a lot smaller than the competition, quieter and has a
SCSI interface that the LS8000 didn't (I already had a SCSI card in my
system).

I'd be happy to answer other questions.

Paul Wilson