Re: filmscanners: OT (a bit) - Software for the colour-challenged

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:19:51 +1030, "Mark T." <markthomasz@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

>I have been having a quick look at a product mentioned briefly on the list
>before, namely ICorrect (www.picto.com), which basically gives a 'quick and
>dirty' fix by making assumptions about skin-tones, neutral areas, foliage
>and sky.  At first glance, the free demo seems to give a very good starting
>point - much quicker and better than I can do by
>eye-dropping/curve-fiddling.  Some shots I had almost given up on
>(tungsten, no filtration, underexposed - yeuch!) looked as though they
>would be usable after the ICorrect treatment.
>
>I have read positive reviews on the web (inc. from Ian Lyons & Michael
>Reichmann) and I think I'm convinced anyway, but would be very interested
>to hear from any others on the list who are using it, both from a normal or
>colorblind perspective.  My feeling is I probably don't need the features
>of the Pro version, which makes it a *very* cheap (US$40) solution to most
>of my c-b problems.

I use it as part of my standard repertoire.  I find that it works best with
neutrals, second best with skin tones.  I haven't found a way to make
"foliage" work very well yet, and I haven't tried "sky". On pictures with
any neutral tones in them, it can be a three-click miracle.

I use the pro version, mainly for its ability to do corrections on
16-bit/channel images, leaving more of the data intact for other Photoshop
manipulations.

iCorrect is the only plug-in I've ever bought that I thought was worth the
price (and I paid full price!)  I wouldn't leave home without it.

Paul
http://www.chefurka.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.