From:   Hersch Nitikman [mailto:hersch@silcom.com]
Sent:   Friday, December 14, 2001 10:12 PM
To:     filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject:        Re: filmscanners: VueScan Histogram

Poor Ed. He can't win. Anything he does, no matter how many wanted it, some
others will express disappointment. Personally, I like a histogram, and
feel it helps me understand an image, and helps me improve it. And, on the
current 7.3 versions, if I let VS have the whole screen, I get a very nice
big image in the preview.
My only complaint is that I have found the Clean function less effective
than it used to be with my PC-based LS-30. I have no idea why.
Hersch

At 10:07 AM 12/15/2001 +1300, you wrote:
>I don't feel the need for a histogram in VueScan either. Setting the black
>and white clipping levels does all that is needed at the scanning stage,
>along with control of gamma.
>
>A separate point. I liked having the picture, preview or scan, occupy the
>whole screen. It gave a more satisfying "first encounter" with the scan
>than the new setup.
>
>Colin Maddock

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.