RE: filmscanners: VueScan 7.3.2 Available

It is worth bearing in mind that percentages give you more fine-grained
control than numbers typed into a Levels box.  A Level number is an 8-bit
thing (from 0 to 255) - well, by convention it is, anyway.

BUT, if you turn off the Auto black/white point option, you get to change
the black/white point for R, G and B seperately.  With numbers that are more
fine-grained than the 0-255 scale.

I have to say that if one is interested in doing significant changes to
R-G-B-combined Levels (e.g. 20 points plus in Photoshop speak - not percent)
or gamma changes in excess of about 1.2/0.8-ish then one should think about
doing these in LAB mode to avoid causing significant saturation changes.
Which means that Vuescan may not be the place to do these kinds of
manipulations.

Maybe Ed has programmed Vuescan to avoid saturation-type changes when using
black-point and white-point percentages.

Jawed

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.