Re: filmscanners: Polaroid Insight vs. Silverfast AI vs. Vuescan

Well, we'll see how this flies.  Someone named Annie got back to me this
evening from SilverFast in Florida. She gave me the correct URL for the $10
upgrade of AI. The fly in the buttermilk is SilverFast wants me to provide
"proof of purchase." Now I was forced to send in my original receipt
(stupid me, I never made a copy) and the bar code off the packing box in
order to get my $200 rebate from Polaroid. I've asked this Annie what else
might serve as "proof" for SilverFast. I have my fingers crossed but I
don't know. <g>

Annie didn't mention the HDR either way so I suppose the upgrade for that
now is the straight $45.

Tris

>Hi David,
>
>Maybe I got lucky, I purchased the SS 4000 on 9/25/01 from Micro Tech.
>Some one on this list posted a URL location for the software upgrade at a
>special price. I went to the location and after registering the machine etc
>I got an E-mail from a nice woman in Fla who asked if I wanted the upgrade
>for both. I am very busy this time of year and I haven't had time to use the
>new scanner.  I didn't even know what HDR was at that time. She said the
>upgrade for both was $20.00.
>  I told her that for only another $10.00 I would take it and figure out what
>it was later.
>  She wanted me to e-mail my credit card number and since I did not want to
>do that , I e-mailed her back and left my phone number and she called right
>away. Downloaded it, installed it and I will start using it after Christmas.
>Total credit card charge was $20.00 for both.
>
>John in OKC

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.