Re: filmscanners: Polaroid Insight vs. Silverfast AI vs. Vuescan

Roger,

>> Ian, thanks for the info on the new SilverFast user manual.  I knew they were
>> working on it but I'm surprised that it was released so quickly.  Is it any
>> good?  Will it put you out of business??

It's a lot better than the previous version. Not sure about the out of
business part -they keep adding more features.

> It's a lot easier
>> and less error prone for me to refer to the tables for the settings when
>> doing a scan rather than digging through your tutorials each time to figure
>> out what settings to use.  It would be nice if the new SilverFast
>> documentation included such tables, or at least a well organized description
>> of what settings to use.

I did have tables at one time but the feedback was negative. Folk wanted do
this and that because of, etc. I think that there is no single best way to
present the info. I tried to make the process understandable , after that
the user should find his/her own approach to making it all work in their
workflow.

> If the documentation doesn't do that, you might consider adding a
>> tutorial that summarizes the settings as I've described as I find such a
>> summary very beneficial.

I did a tutorial on the X number of options for the CMS dialog. some like it
and others think that I'm implying that they are stupid - I can't win :-(
Let me see an example of what you mean and I'll give it serious thought.

Ian

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.