RE: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED nightmares!!!

At 03:12 PM 12/4/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Also, as David mentioned, sometimes the SCSI bus won't recognize the scanner
>if it's been shut off and I haven't rebooted the machine.  In other words,
>turn on sscanner, boot pc, wait until PC is up and running, shut off scanner
>and then turn it on again hours later.  The PC is a home-built dual PIII 866
>running Win2K and the scanner is hooked to an Adaptec 29160N
>
>Neither of these is a huge deal, especially the reboot thing, (snip)

If you turn your scanner on, go into Device Manager (Win-Key -
pause/break), open the SCSI controllers listing, right-click on your SCSI
adapter and click Refresh under the General tab, you shouldn't need to
restart.

Charles

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.