filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Correction for daylight slides with artif...

Ed wrote:
>>  Ed, does this make the "Fluorescent" colour option in Vuescan obsolete?
>The fluorescent option has never been especially useful - it just
>applies a fixed ratio to try to compensate for typical fluorescent
>light colors (i.e. greenish light).

Which is certainly handy if photos have been taken under those light conditions.

>It doesn't adjust for faded film dyes, which is what I'm assuming
>the problem is with the slides you're scanning.

Someone else was talking about photos which had a green colour cast from
existing light, which sounded like it was fluorescent light.

>If the film dyes aren't faded, just set "Color|Color balance"
>to "White balance".

So the "fluorescent" setting in the colour options isn't really needed?

[Autolevels]
>No, it works fine.

Cool.  Thanks!

Rob