Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Correction for daylight slides with artif...

In a message dated 12/3/2001 6:04:40 PM EST, harper@wordweb.com writes:

> >VueScan's "Filter|Restore fading" option does this
>  >automatically.
>
>  Ed, does this make the "Fluorescent" colour option in Vuescan obsolete?

The fluorescent option has never been especially useful - it just
applies a fixed ratio to try to compensate for typical fluorescent
light colors (i.e. greenish light).

It doesn't adjust for faded film dyes, which is what I'm assuming
the problem is with the slides you're scanning.

If the film dyes aren't faded, just set "Color|Color balance"
to "White balance".

>   And while I'm asking - at some point in the past you said that the "
> Autolevels" option in the colour settings was broken - is it still broken?

No, it works fine.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.