Re: filmscanners: Polaroid Insight vs. Silverfast AI vs. Vuescan

In a message dated 12/4/2001 11:40:52 AM EST, skipwilliamsscan@hotmail.com
writes:

> Many of us, including me, have been spoiled by Ed Hamrick's steadfast and
>  generous low pricing and no-charge updates.  But most of the commercial
>  world still has to pay their bills.  Updating software that is customized
>  for an OEM product isn't free.  The dot.com model of VC$$+advertisting
>  revenue = profits doesn't work.

The free upgrade model works well.  I'm pretty sure my profits
are higher than LaserSoft's.

What free upgrades do is encourage good word of mouth
referrals.  Word of mouth referrals are very effective, especially
"word of e-mail" referrals.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.