RE: filmscanners: VueScan 7.2.11 Available

Ed writes ...
> rarewolf@roadrunner.nf.net writes:
>
> > How 'bout if you could specify the area with a small crop region ...
> >  enable manual focus, and then device=>focus(?)  It would be nice if the
> >  "manual focus" number updated itself ...
>
> I understand what you (and others) are asking for.  I'd probably
> implement this if someone could show (with actual scans)
> that specifying a focus point manually works better than what
> VueScan 7.2.11 already implements.

  Without representing the others, I would use it for achieving the
abosolutely best focus for the region of the frame I deemed most important.
For example, what if "1/3 of the way from upper left corner" was cloudy sky,
and lower right was the forground?  Granted, bowed film is bowed film, ...
an accurate focus upper half is accurate for lower half ... but I hope you
understand what I mean ... cloudy sky isn't deemed important for focus.

  This method would also allow me to determine an average for several
regions of the frame ... and, is also how I used Nikonscan software to show
me the 'film strip holder' is much better than the motorized feeder for
holding the film flat.

  Just a thought.  Regardless ... thanx for the newest focus implimentation!

my CAN$0.02 ... shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.