filmscanners: RE: Attachments

>> YES - however, if you receive them from other lists and also
>> PAY for time on line by the second would you feel the same way?

I've had this problem on many occasions before. It was a particular
irritation during a period when I frequently downloaded my mail via a
cellphone, at 9.6k/s. :-o However, as long as the attachments aren't
excessively large, I don't think it's a problem - and the list limits
attachment size, IIRC. However, if it got to the point where every other
mail had an attachment I'd probably feel the same as you (I'm on a 56k
unmetered connection, but I pay for it myself).

>> As things stand I accept the files or get off the list!

Well, the list rules (posted a couple of weeks ago) do say that
attachments (where small and relevant) are allowed. So unless the rules
are changed, I guess you'll just have to live with it.

The other solution is to set up a mailinglist email account, set not to
accept attachments. Then you won't have to download anything you don't
want to. Any decent ISP should be able to arrange that.

Mark

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.