Re: filmscanners: Correction for daylight slides with artificial light

I thank Ed  for his excellent input. I downloaded his references and will
read them carefully soon. In fact, for a moment, I have been remembering a
very happy momemt of my life (including two complete mornings in the
assyrian rooms   :-)     ).

Now I am so delighted with the results of the "inverse color layer" that I
will not try another technic until I end the complete assyrian slides
collection. Tweaking the opacity slide in the overlay layer does miracles!
It is a pitty that all the corrections must be in 8 bits mode.

I got Ed's Vuescan many time ago, but I am now doing the first steps with
it. In fact, until now I only scanned slides and used Microtek Scanwizard
Pro. Now I am beginning with my old color negatives and B&W collection and
my first impressions with Vuescan are very good. I will try the effect of
VueScan's "Filter|Restore fading" on the greenish assyrian kings    :-)   .

Regards,

Mario Teixeira
mjteixeira@yahoo.com

On December 03, 2001 3:12 AM, <EdHamrick@aol.com> wrote:

| In a message dated 12/2/2001 5:59:41 PM EST, mjteixeira@yahoo.com writes:
|
| > Anybody knows some kind of "filter" to apply during scanning or in
Photoshop