From:   EdHamrick@aol.com [mailto:EdHamrick@aol.com]
Sent:   Monday, December 03, 2001 6:32 AM
To:     filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject:        Re: filmscanners: Multiple Pass Scanning on the SS4000

In a message dated 12/2/2001 12:45:22 PM EST, stan@smcqueen.com writes:

> The Vuescan Users' Guide mentions that the SS4000 often has registration
>  problems between passes and that a future version of Vuescan will fix
this.
>  I have experienced this myself, resulting in somewhat fuzzy images. Do
you
>  know when this might be fixed?

I've been thinking about working on this, but it never bubbles up
to the top of my list.  The SprintScan 4000 has so little noise in
the dark parts of scans that there's no real need for multi-pass
scanning.  This keeps this feature from bubbling up to the top
of my list.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.