Re: filmscanners: DCS Pro back vs. Imacon 4040

I dont think they use the same chip. Imacon often use Phillips ccd and Kodak
use their own ccd.
I have tried the Imacon  back and like all Imacon products its working
excellent.
I have not heard from any proo that Kodak back is functional all right up to
this date
Mikael Risedal

>From: Andrea de Polo <andrea@alinari.it>
>To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
>Subject: filmscanners: DCS Pro back vs. Imacon 4040
>Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:55:12 +0100
>
>Hi,
>
>sorry if I keep posting this kind of questions:
>
>If a photo archive like us must to make 150.000 reproductions of 19th and
>20th Century images, and quality and speed are important, what you will
>suggest between the Kodak DCS Pro back and the new Imacon 4040 (they carry,
>I think, the same chip).
>
>I think that Imacon software is indeed very good and full support for
>ColorSync ICC; what about the Kodak? Also is and simple as Imacon (and with
>similar features, like full ColorSync support)?
>
>And what about pricing?
>
>In Italy I can get the Imacon back for about 25,000 $ Dollars; what about
>the Kodak?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Andrea
>--
>Fratelli Alinari Photo Archives and Museum
>http://www.alinari.com
>The world's oldest picture library
>tel: +39-055-2395201
>gsm: +39-347-4883223