Re: filmscanners: Nikon LS-2000 and supercoolscan 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald Vyhmeister" <vyhmeisr@uapsoft.com.ar>

> Can someone tell me what exactly is the difference between the LS-2000 and
> supercoolscan 2000?  It looks like it may be the best deal to move my
slide
> collection to digital form...  It appears they can both use the same bulk
> slide adaptor.  Is there a software difference?  A hardware difference?
Or
> is it merely a model change when they changed the firmware (which seems to
> be upgradeable according to what I see on Nikon's web site)?

I read Ed's reply, and agree. But I want to clarify just a smidge. The
LS2000 is the model number, and the SooperCoolScan 2000 is the product name.
It is so much easier to address the product by the product number that it
has caught on even in ads.

Jim Snyder
http://www.nikonusa.com/usa_product/product.jsp?cat=7&grp=705&productNr=9295

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.