Re: filmscanners: Color Negative Film Poll

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:09:52 -0600, "Tom Scales" <tscales@attglobal.net>
wrote:

>Me too, with the Sprintscan 4000.  I don't like the film at all.
>
>Tom
>
>> I have had the same results as John with Kodak Supra 400 on the Nikon
>LS-30 - grain aliasing.
>>
>> Maris

Same here with the SS4000 and the LS-4000.  It shows up for me mostly in
the deep shadows (of which there are lots when shooting in very low light.
it shows up as bright green and red flecks in the shadows, and is
impossible to eliminate without throwing away all shadow detail.  I've
stopped using the film, in preference to Provia 400F.

Paul
http://www.chefurka.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.