Re: filmscanners: Color Negative Film Poll

I must admit I have never encountered grain aliasing using Supra on my
LS-30.  Where does this show up on the scan?  Is it in darker or black
areas?  I am interested as I think Supra is a superb film and I regularly
use it and scan it, so it would be useful to know where others are
encountering issues.

Here is a link to an image scanned on the LS-30 from a Supra 400 negative
(the picture of the girl called 'Lillie'):

http://www.sclamb.com/contaxn1/makrosonnar/FrameSet.htm

I find the transitions between colours, the smooth tones and the accurate
flesh tone are the things that I like about Supra.  Obviously there are no
dark areas, hence my question as to whether the aliasing is in dark or black
areas.

Simon

Maris V. Lidaka, Sr wrote:

> I have had the same results as John with Kodak Supra 400 on the Nikon
LS-30 - grain aliasing.

> Maris

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.