Re: filmscanners: Quick Take on NikonScan 3.11

At 06:58 24-11-01 +0530, you wrote:
>From: "Enoch's Vision, Inc. (Cary Enoch R...)" <caryenochr@enochsvision.com>
>
> > I installed NikonScan 3.11 last night and made about a dozen scans with
>it.
> > I'm happy to report that it didn't crash even one time! NS 3.1 used to
> > crash at least one out of every three to four times that I used it whether
> > in stand-alone mode or as a PS 6.0 TWAIN plug-in.
> >
> > I'm running a dual P3 Dell Workstation under Windows 2000/SP2.

>1/ What mobo?

Dell Precision 420 with Intel OEM mobo/i840 chipset, Phoenix BIOS version A11

>2/ What processors?

Dual 933 MHz Cu P3's; 768 MB PC800 ECC RDRAM; three HDD's; boot HD is ATA66
IBM 27GB; the other two are ATA100 (Promise Ultra100 controller) with 60
and 75 GB respectively, nVidia (OEM) 4X AGP Pro graphics/GeForce2 GTS 32 MB
DDR...Windows 2000/SP2/IE6. WinXP is setup for dual-boot scenario but
dormant (not played with yet). Photoshop has a 6 GB partition all to itself
for swap and NikonScan has a 12 GB partition likewise just for raw scans. I
haven't changed a thing since using NS 3.1.

My results are an entirely unscientific sample of 1 so merely something to
add to the collective database of results. Frankly, I was pleasantly
surprised as I have little faith in Nikon's software competency.

>So, any more details from you would be most welcome.

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/  ~~ "'Think of this as a partnership,' Gates
said. 'Like the ones and zeroes of the binary code itself, we must all work
together to make the promise of the computer revolution a reality. As the
world's richest, most powerful software company, Microsoft is number one.
And you, the millions of consumers who use our products, are the zeroes.'"
--The Onion

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.