Re: filmscanners: Light Source (Nikon LS40 vs. Minolta Scan Elite II)

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> This lighting design might also allow for a quicker scan as it can use all
>three lines in the tri-line

CCD sensor at once to do the scan, but this might also be the cause of some
reported banding problems due

to calibration issues between each sensor light.  On some models users have
been forced to use the single

scan light mode to prevent banding, but this also slows the acquire process.

So no one thinks I'm completely daft... as mentioned in my posting, I've
been running on very little sleep this last week.  In the paragraph
above the references to  "sensor lights" and "scan lights" should read
"sensor lines" and "scan lines".

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.