Re: filmscanners: Best solution for HD and images

But they don't!

I have a RAID0+1 array of four 30G IBM 7200 drives.

At today's prices, those drives would cost £90 each inc VAT, making £360.

A single 73G 7200 SCSII drive costs £650! SCSII drives are restricted to
18, 36 and 73G so I couldn't find a 60GB one to compare.

So a whole RAID array with the speed and safety advantages costs just
more than half as much as a single SCSII drive of similar capacity.

All these prices were taken from www.insight.com/uk

ezio.lucenti1@tin.it (Ezio c/o TIN) wrote:
> I really cannot understand why it would be needed such a complication
> and
> dependancy from the controller vendor when the SCSI hard drives cost
> almost
> the same (or 20% more max) of IDE hard drives !

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.