RE: filmscanners: creating correction curves from scanned calibration chart?

Ned writes ...

> >From: Todd Flashner <tflash@earthlink.net>
>
> >However, for a neutral gray they (RGB) SHOULD all be
> > the same number.
>
> no, total rubbish ... the profile defines the relationship
> between the value and the actual colour output

  Quite right, but we're talking about typical PS working spaces ... whereby
0,0,0 is "absolute" black, 255,255,255 is "absolute" white ... and "neutral"
grays all are defined by R=G=B.  They may not be "realistic", but we then
depend on device spaces for going to, or coming from, working space to
"reality".

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.