Re: filmscanners: Pre scan viewer?

There are some quite fast professional scanners, and also screen
resolution doesn't require very high resolution scans, but if it is very
fast, or immediate, most likely it is simply using a video camera.

When showing negative film, the video camera does an inversion.

The orange mask can be removed by a filter which is of the opposite
color to the mask.  I sometimes use my older video camera for this.  It
has the inversion circuitry built in, and I just have to place a cyan
filter in front that come close to being the color complement to the
orange mask.

Art

Ian Jackson wrote:

  > When I visit my local processor he has an imaging camera which displays
  > a colour or B& W negative as a positive image on a monitor.   This
  > appears to be a much more convenient and quicker way of previewing negs
  > than using a scanner preview.
  >
  > How does this equipment manage to make a colour positive and at the same
  > time remove the orange mask?
  >
  > Ian
  >
  > .

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.