RE: filmscanners: creating correction curves from scanned calibration chart?

>> If you're using PS, click on each the points in the image that
>> I think if you control-shift-click on each point it will set
>> those points on the individual channel curve line.
>
>  Control-clikking a region in the image allows me to manually set the curve
>... for each RGB channel ... a bit tedious.  If you can't use the gray
>eyedropper (and its target) to easily do this, then I'm apparently missing
>the point of the gray eyedropper (and its target).
>
>thanx ... shAf  :o)

Control AND shift together set curve points differently than control-click by
itself.  Control-click sets a curve point on the RGB curve; control+shift+click
sets a point on each of the color channel curves.  So for example, an
eyedropper over a point that shows R77 G69 B66, control-clicked onto a curve,
will put a point on the RGB curve at 71, while a control+shift+click will put
points on the individual channel curves: 77 on red, 69 on green, 66 on blue.

The points, set by control or control+shift, do not change anything.  Concept
is that you go to individual curves and use the click-set points to adjust to
suit.  This was responding to your comment

  >There may be a quicker way to set the input point on the line, maybe
  >by double-clicking on the image spot, but I don

The grey eyedropper is different; it changes the individual channel curves.  It
applies a change point to each of the channel curves so that the input is the
value of that channel under the eyedropper and the output point is set to 128,
midpoint grey: R=G=B=128.

The idea is that this control+shift click is a quicker and usually more precise
than clicking on each individual channel.

--
Bob Shomler
http://www.shomler.com/gallery.htm

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.