Re: filmscanners: Re: Nikon LS4000ED inquiry + Mac OS 9.x Fixed

Bill ,

I've finally sorted what it was ( I must be stupid ) , I tried VueScan with
all periphs powered up ( and all Nikon extensions disabled ) .

VueScan saw the Umax ok but not the Nikon .

I then put one of the adapters into the Nikon and Bingo all ok.

Have re-tried with just the Nikon powered up ( with an adapter inserted )
and also all ok.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Boy am I glad to get this fixed .

Best Regards
Eric

> Bill,
>
> Thanks for your help , but ....
>
> Still no joy.
>
> VueScan still freezes on launch.
>
> There is a flash of the cursor after getting the splash screen then it
> seizes up and a re-boot is required.
>

> System is    Mac G4 400
>                   2 Gb Ram ( just upgraded again )
>                   10 Gb hard drive with OS 10.1
>                   20 Gb hard drive with OS 9.2.1
>                   Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u monitor
>                   Epson Stylus Photo 1290 printer
>                   Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED firewire scanner
>                   Umax Astra 1200S SCSI flatbed scanner
>                   Plextor PleXWriter 12/10/32 SCSI external
>                   Yamaha speakers
>                   Wacom A5 USB Graphics tablet
>                   USB hub ( powered )
>                   Std keyboard and mouse ( both USB )
>
> I have tried with the Nikon extensions disabled , Nikon and Umax extensions
> disabled , Nikon Umax and Wacom extensions disabled .
> Also when I try ,the Umax and Plextor are not even powered up.
>
> Can anyone help ?  Please
>
> Eric
>

>> Eric--
>>
>> Assuming you're using Mac OS 8.x to 9.x, remove the following files
>> from the Extensions folder that's in your System folder, then restart
>> your Mac:
>>
>>    Nikon LS4K Family
>>    Nikon LS4K Expert
>>    Nikon LS4K Driver
>>    Nikon Common Driver
>>
>> If you later want to use NikonScan (either standalone or as a
>> Photoshop plug-in) you have to copy these files back into the
>> Extensions folder and restart your Mac again.
>>
>> --Bill

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.