Re: filmscanners: filmscanners: 2700ppi a limiting factor in sharpness?

Tom Scales wrote:
> Yes, the OM-40 (OM-PC in the US) has some reliabilty problems. The one I own
> is broken.

The latest trick was a weird fault in the metering system. The OM40 has a
multi-sector metering system, which aims to handle difficult lighting
situations, which is what it used to do quite well. On my latest trip it
handled poor light, on cloudy days, very well. But on bright, sunny days,
which ANY metering system should have no trouble with, it managed to
over-expose everything by about 2 stops! Crazy!

Brian Rumary, England

http://freespace.virgin.net/brian.rumary/homepage.htm

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.