filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: 2700ppi a l imiting factor in sharpness?

>Hi Rob! Again, I envy your opportunities for combining excitement and
>photography!

You wouldn't envy my income from it! :)

> He claims that suspending the camera by the tripod is much better
> than using a fixed tripod that transmits the vibrations from the
> airplane to the camera through the tripod.

That makes sense.  Unfortunately due to money limitations I couldn't afford
either as gyroscopic tripod or stabilisation lens.  Maybe one day!  Good
to know about the options in any case.

The best photographic platform I've flown in so far was an ultralight called
a Drifter.  Sitting in the front seat, the nose cone and "windshield" only
come to about mid-chest height, so you basically have 180 degrees of
unobstructed
view.  More if you shoot down to the left or right.  The plane has a "pusher"
prop, so it's behind you.  But it's very windy, even if the aircraft only
flies quite slowly compared to a general aviation aircraft like a Cessna.

Regards,
Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com