filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: 2700ppi a limiting factor in sharpness?

Dave wrote:
> A Polaroid SS4000, courtesy of the recent great price.
> Before that an LS-30 and both using VueScan.

Thanks, Dave.  The other thing I meant to ask was what 800 speed film?
Is it Fuji Superia 800 print film?

Rob

PS Tony Sleep has mentioned in the past that he often uses his SS4000 to
scan Fuji 800 exposed at a higher speed and gets great results.  My only
experiences with 800 have been with low light (underexposed) images and
was unimpressed with the grain aliasing I saw.  Overexposed I don't doubt
the story is different!

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.