Re: filmscanners: scanner for contact sheets

I have a portable light table (light box?) that I use for viewing slides.
 This is a Just-Normlicht Mini, with 5 x 8" illuminated area and a 5000K
tube.  Suppose I lay a bunch of slides or negs on a flatbed scanner and
put the light box (inverted) on top.  Wouldn't this be sufficient to make
a scanned contact sheet?

Note that I have not tried this.  It might not be an optimal solution.
But with a contact sheet, you are not looking for perfection, just some
sense of what is in each shot.

--
Julian Vrieslander <mailto:julianv@mindspring.com>

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.