RE: filmscanners: Re: Nikon LS4000ED inquiry

At 2:45 AM -0800 4-11-01, Paul Graham wrote:
>...Investigate saving the files in Nikon's
>propietry NEF format, then I believe you can open them in Nikonscan and
>adjust GEM etc without re-scanning.

Thanks Paul, I'll look into this.  I don't like using proprietary
formats, but maybe I can scan batches into NEF, inspect the scans,
GEM the ones that need it, then convert them all to TIFF.  Although
NikonScan in standalone mode is so slow, it might be faster to just
scan everything twice, once with GEM and once without, then toss out
the unneeded ones...

--Bill
--

Bill Fernandez  *  User Interface Architect  *  Bill Fernandez Design

(505) 346-3080  *  bill_sub@billfernandez.com  *  http://billfernandez.com