Re: filmscanners: Bulk scanning with Vuescan

Maris V. Lidaka, Sr. wrote:

>"You can later batch-process these raw files by changing the "Device|Scan
>from" option to "Disk", and set the "Device|Frame numbers" option to
>1-N.  For instance, if you produce raw files named scan0001.tif,
>scan0002.tif, ..., scan098.tif, you can re-scan all these files without
>needing to insert the film again by setting the frame numbers to 1-98 and
>then using the "Scan" button."

I am doing this at the moment, but as I understand it, this will only let
me handle consecutively numbered files.  If I have, say, three films -

         1024-01.TIF to 1024-36.TIF
         1025-01.TIF to 1025-36.TIF
         1026-01.TIF to 1026-36.TIF

I have to initiate three separate Vuescan  jobs.  I would like to leave a
PC running overnight to process up to 200 frames at a time, without having
to rename all the scans to do it.

Mike Bloor

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.