RE: filmscanners: Canon 4000 ppi film scanner

While it is true that the SS4000 does not have an IR channel it
is not true that one will need to spend hours removing dust and
scratches. I'm reasonably meticulous in 'spotting' my SS4000
scans. I seldom need to spend more than 10 minutes cleaning
up my scans. I don't work in a clean room. I do keep my Proiva100
slides and Supra 400 negatives in 'print file' plastic sleeves in
closed binders.
-JimD