Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Pixels per inch vs DPI

I think the model many of the major multinational high tech companies
use is to get their R&D money back first via selling to markets that are
less price sensitive.  Then they introduce the product into the US,
pretty much "paid for" through other international sales, and can
compete more easily in the very cutthroat price sensitive environment there.

We get some advantage by this here in Canada, on some goods, but
certainly not all.  And importation can be quite daunting, due to
exchange rates, taxes, shipping costs and possible loss of warranty.

Art

Rob Geraghty wrote:

 > "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@ampsc.com> wrote:
 >
 >>Thanks,  It would appear the C70 hasn't made it over the "great water"
 >>
 > yet.
 >
 >>It does look like a less expensive version of the C80.  Hope it comes
 >>our way soon.
 >>

 > I just wish I could buy printers at prices as cheap as in the US.  I
 > understand about discounts for bulk, but isn't it odd that Epson
printers in
 > the US are cheaper after a much longer voyage? :(
 >
 > Rob
 >

 > .

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.