Re: filmscanners: SS4000 SCSI question.

James,
Go for an adapter.  Buying them locally is best so nothing gets
confused  (male/female, type of connector, etc) and you can return it if
things still don't come out right.  Are you sure it's 60 pins?  High
density 50 pin is common.  I'd go from the SCSI card to the SS4000 then to
the HP.  The SS4000 has a switch for termination. So if you unplugged the
HP it would be easy to keep the SCSI chain terminated.

Hope this helps,
Bob G

At 02:13 PM 10/29/2001, you wrote:
>I received my new SS4000 scanner today which did not come with a SCSI card.
>I currently have a Adaptec AIC-7850 PCI SCSI Controler, but it has a
>different type of connector - a small 60 pin with spring clips on both
>sides.  It is hooked to an old HP ScanJet 5p.  Is there likely to be an
>adapter which I could put between the supplied cable and the old connector,
>or should I buy a new card?  I'd like to keep the HP working for rare print
>scans.
>
>TIA
>
>James Hill
>Freelance Photographer