Re: filmscanners: Question about Vuescan

>Given the heavy slant towards the negative films, in terms of profiles,
>makes one wonder if VueScan isn't primarily aimed at negative film scanning
>rather than positive film?
>
>Shunith

The recommended setting for slide film under "Device/Media Type" is "Image"
rather than "Slide Film," which will cause Vuescan to ignore the few
profiles there are for slide film anyway.  The profiles are mainly used, I
think, to deal with masks, so they aren't needed with slide film. There
shouldn't be any assumption that Vuescan is slanted toward negative film
just because of the number of negative profiles.

Joel W.