Re: filmscanners: Scanning B&W negatives

Ian

Sorry again, it was a typograghic mistake. I already sent the correction to
the list. My
Microtek 4000t is also a 16 bits.

I am also searching for other inks and systems -- piezo, quadtones, many
many options for a begginer... As I am not a professional (while I am a very
exigeant amateur), I can wait a little. I read somewhere (Luminous
Landscape, I think) that it is told (?) that Epson will attack the B&W with
a new printer. I don't know, but it makes sense, as Epson is badly
represented in this field and, happily, there is a B&W revival. I think
that, in my case, it is worth to wait a little and see if things become more
clear. In the meantime I go on studying ant trying.

And yes, I agree with you -- this list is very useful (special thanks to
Tony) and people are very kind. It was here that I read my first things
about digital scanning and I went on receiving much help.

Best regards,

Mário Teixeira
mjteixeira@yahoo.com