Re: filmscanners: Hello

>Ken Durling: OK, not entirely new to scanning, but just got my first film
>scanner -
>a Canon FS2710 that I got 2nd hand.   Seems to be working fine

Have an FS2710 here too Ken, which I am quite happy with.  I usually use
VueScan with it, as Canoscan software clips the blacks and whites too much for
my liking.

You will find that its 2720dpi is plenty for a nice sharp 8" x 10" print. In
fact I have an A4 sized print done on an Epson inkjet which looks absolutely
sharp, and it was scanned at 1360dpi. A judicious amount of unsharp masking was
used, of course.
For editing, I use Photoshop 5.5. I think you need a program such as this that
will allow editing in 16 bit mode for most operations.

Colin Maddock

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.