Re: filmscanners: Minolta DIMAGE Multi Scan Pro

----- Original Message -----
From: "Victor Landweber" <victor@landweber.com>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>; <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 12:10 AM
Subject: filmscanners: Minolta DIMAGE Multi Scan Pro

>The main downside of this particular scanner, as far as I can tell, is long
>scan times with medium-format film at the highest resolution. The on-line
>review uses 4800 ppi for its medium-format test which is too bad since the
>Scanner's actual resolution for MF film is 3200. The long scan time may
>have resulted from the need to interpolate pixels.

Hello Victor,

me too I am very much interested in this machine, I have sent an email to
imaging- resource, the guy answered me that he has also scanned something in
3200dpi, and that it also lasted pretty long. On the other hand he said that
maybe the problem was due to their not-so-fast MAC, it is a wellknown fact
that even 35mm 4000dpi scanners eat all your RAM up, so having a fast and
well-RAM-ed machine might fasten things up quite a bit. The scan times
Minolta indicates are *much* faster.
An hour for an MF hiRez scan is ridiculously long (I simply would drop the
idea of getting it in this case) , 20min for 6x7 would already be much,
15min good, and everything faster satisfying...

Here in Germany the dealers haven´t yet heard of this scanner, I don´t think
its available yet, I hope that beginning of next year it will be there.

greetings Bernhard

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.