Re: filmscanners: Silverfast HDR

thanks Roger but I've tried every variety of Tif that I can think
without success. My previous experience with SilverFast is why I
installed it last - now I'll have to wait until Monday - will try and
reread Ian's write up on HDR again to see if there are any hints.

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:18:07 EDT, you wrote:

>Make sure that the 48-bit file that Silverfast Ai creates is in TIF format.
>Also, tell Silverfast HDR to save its output to a file rather than export it
>directly to Photoshop.  That might eliminate any problems between HDR and
>Photoshop.  Other than that, all I can recommend is to contact Lasersoft and
>hope you get better service from them than most people do.  You might also try
>the Silverfast forum at www.silverfast.com and see if another user with more
>knowledge than me can help troubleshoot your problem.
>
>In a message dated Fri, 19 Oct 2001  1:34:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>magpie@digisys.net (Shawn Coggins) writes:
>
>> Well I'm still trying to figure out the SilverFast HDR puzzle on my
>> system - Mac Dual G4 OS 9.04
>>
>> Silverfast 5.x works fine, Polacolor works fine (btw it pays to play
>> around with the various softwares when working with color negs)
>>
>> ViewScan works fine
>>
>> when I try and run Silverfast HDR it comes up with the open window, I
>> select a 48bit file saved by Silverfast 5.x and wham I'm back in
>> Photoshop with no opened file.
>>
>> Tried moving the HDR plugin from import/export under the generic
>> heading to the import/esport folder under Photoshop (only) plugins (PS
>> 6.01)
>>
>> Still no luck
>>
>> Any suggestions

Shawn Coggins  http://www.originalgimp.org/index.htm