Re: filmscanners: Recommendations for page scanning software

Obviously, you haven't used Silverfast yet.  My Caere Omnipage (OCR reader
only) for my flatbed ranked number 2 on the heartburn scale.  I couldn't get
Omnipage installed and Caere had to send me a patch.  Then it crashed about
every third scan.  I finally found that it operated reliably if I started it
via "Start > Programs" rather than as a Photoshop plug-in.

In a message dated Fri, 19 Oct 2001  3:17:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Mike
Bloor <admin@seratel.ie> writes:

> Caere Pagekeeper came with the scanner.  On paper, this looks as if it
> should do most of what I want.  Unfortunately it is the most unresponsive
> and unreliable program I have used in many years.  Added to this, I can't
> get any response to e-mail enquiries to the company who now own it.
>

> Thanks,
> Mike Bloor

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.