Re: filmscanners: Buying a scanner - from the US

Mark,

> Anyway, US$800 or so seems to be quite a good price when I consider the
> US/GBP exchange rate at the moment - it works out to about 575GBP, which
> is slightly more than I intended to spend but would get me a scanner I'd
> probably be able to live with for a long time.

When ordering in the US, you'll probably be charged customs in addition to
the price. (I had that nasty surprise once, when customs' charge was more than
s&h.) I recently found www.ny-camera.com, who appear to ship at no extra
customs cost, and the price is about the one you quoted for the LS40.

hth, Barbara

--
http://www.gmx.net

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.