filmscanners: Buying a scanner - from the US

Hi all,

I've had a fair bit of feedback from various people about the negative
scanner to buy, and it seems that the Nikon CoolScan IV LS-40 might be a
good one to go for, since I've been warned off most machines cheaper
than that. I've a feeling it might be a bit of overkill, but....

Anyway, US$800 or so seems to be quite a good price when I consider the
US/GBP exchange rate at the moment - it works out to about 575GBP, which
is slightly more than I intended to spend but would get me a scanner I'd
probably be able to live with for a long time.

So, a couple of questions:

1. What are the batch scanning features like on the Nikon?
2. Can anyone recommend an online store from which I could buy the
scanner in the US?
3. Any other ideas for scanners which might be slightly cheaper, before
I commit myself?

Thanks

Mark

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.